Top 5 Saroj Khan dances!
On her birthday today, I thought I’d share with you my top 5 favourite songs choreographed by Saroj Khan – I didn’t realise what a tough choice it would be to zero in on only 5!!
Anyway, here goes and feel free to add to the list ok? 😉 😀
- “Ek Do Teen” – Of course this one has to be on the list! Madhuri Dixit has time and time again credit Saroj Khan for teaching her how to completely own bollywood dances and both choreographer and student have gown down in history as giving us some of the most unforgettable dance moves
- “Mehendi Laga Ke Rakhna” – From the film to the music to catapulting SRK and Kajol’s career, Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge will be thought of very fondly for generations to come. The dance steps to Mehendi Laga Ke Rakhna became an obsession at all weddings, college dance competitions or just living rooms 😉
3. “Dola Re Dola” – Bringing Madhuri and Aishwarya together and making their every move seem like poetry in motion is a task only Saroj Khan could have taken on at that time. When Priyanka and Deepika did their duet dance in Bajirao Mastani tp Pinga, everyone immediately thought of this master piece from Devdas
4. “Dhak Dhak Karne Laga” – Madhuri will feature on this very often!! and I can’t possibly not out down Dhak Dhak. Provocative and filled with oomph but not over the top vulgar – that takes a special Saroj Khan type talent 😉
5. “Hawa Hawai” – A song with peculiar lyrics and rhythm can’t be easy but what Saroj Khan did with this dance took it to another level and when Sri Devi is the muse – anything is possible!