On the sets of Jhalak Dikhla Ja
Lokesh flew one of our rock star listeners to Mumbai to be on the sets of Jhalak Dikhla Ja and see the shooting of the best dance reality show live!!! Big thanks to our friends at Colors for making this trip so so awesome and so memorable.
We landed at night and were put up in one of the best five star properties in Mumbai. Vaibhav our winner got a lavish suite and he was grinning from ear to ear.
After devouring a rather elaborate breakfast, we took off to be on the sets of Jhalakh Dikhla Ja.
It was pouring. We reached well in time and took our seats and the performances started, one better than the other. There are a few things you might not know about Jhalak Dikhla Ja.
- All performances happen only once and in one take. You make it or break it only in one go. Yes you have only one chance.
- Judges are most chilled out. They have such a great chemistry. They crack jokes in between dance performances. They even share some quick snacks. Yes some of the judges even have bowls of nuts that they take in between long shooting hours. Cute na?
- The voting audience that you see on the show are not at all related with any contestant. In fact they made doubly sure that the voting audience was not related to any celebrity. Yes they are very fair and square.
- Manish Paul is so spontaneous. He is as funny as he appears on the screen. He and Karan Johar share such a great bond, it’s heartwarming.
- Judges comments are as genuine as you see them on the screen. There is no secret discussion amongst them. They all are extremely candid with their feedback.
We got a picture with all the stars, who happily posed with us. Thank you so much Ayesha (our friend from Colors in India). You made the moment happen. We also got a fabulous chance to see another celebrity; a superstar cricketer. Who is it? To find out watch Jhalak Dikhla Ja, every Saturday on Colors TV, Middle East.