How much does Bollywood pay their Female Superstars?
Come on, let’s all admit, we all have been nosy to know our neighbor’s/friend’s/that really lousy cousin’s salary. And when it comes to our favorite Hindi Film Stars, we get even more curious. On Women’s Day today, Megs and Lokesh bring to you a list of your favorite actresses and how much Bollywood pays them per film.
- Sonam Kapoor charges 5 crores per film. After giving us a power packed performance in Neerjah, she totally deserves it. Her upcoming films include Veerey Di Wedding with Kareena Kapoor, Rajkumar Hirani’s Sanju (where she will be essaying the role of Tina Munim) and Ek Ladki Ko Dekha Toh Aisa Laga where she will be sharing screen with her father for the first time.
- Anushka Sharma charges 6 to 8 crores. After her successful stint as an actor, she has started her production house called Clean Slate Films where she has produced three films already. Her upcoming films include Rajkumar Hirani’s Sanju where she plays a lawyer for the first time, Sui Dhaga with Varun Dhawan and Anand Rai’s Zero with Shahrukh Khan and Katrina Kaif.
- Priyanka Chopra charges 7 crores for a film. International experience does count for something, doesn’t it? Though her last Hindi film Jai Gangajal released a couple of years ago, but she still manages to demand a huge remuneration for her films. She has also started producing films in regional languages and her upcoming films include two Hollywood flicks- A kid Like Jake and Isn’t it Romantic?
- Deepika and Kareena both charge 8 crores a film. On one hand we have Padmavat actor who has delivered hits after hits and rule the hearts of a trillion. On the other we have someone who keeps breaking stereotypes. People assumed she would give up acting after getting married. She didn’t. People concluded she would hang her boots after her baby. She didn’t. She is unstoppable and we can’t wait to see her in Veerey Di Wedding.
- Kangana Ranaut is the highest paid actor in Bollywood. She charges 10 to 12 crores a film. Even after getting lukewarm response for her last few films; Katti Batti, Rangoon and Simran, the actress charges a whopping amount for all right reasons as she is the only female star who has given us memorable performances in Queen and Tanu Weds Manu series. Also her inputs in a film as a writer and creative person are highly valued. We can’t wait to see the magic she would create in her upcoming film Manikarnika- The Queen of Jhansi. -Megs and Lokesh