So…It all began when a friend of ours posted a picture of an Oman Chips sandwich on snapchat.
“That’s a real thing? Oman Chips in a sandwich?”
Chirag, our intern told us that this was just the chip of a large iceberg (Hahahha, see what I did there?)
Oman chips Parantha. Oman chips sandwich. Oman Chips Cheese parantha. Oman chips Rigag. Oman chips double falafel cheese rigag. Even Oman chips laban.
We have been here 8 years and NEVER eaten Oman chips as anything but plain oman chips.
We had to change this.
And so we did.
Off we went to Hum Yum. A tiny little kiosk on Kite Beach that promised us a world of Oman chips inspired food concoctions.
So, what did we order?
1. Oman Chips and cheese in Malabar Parantha
2. Double Oman Chips and cheese and hot sauce in a Rigag , a tiny dosa like cripy thing.
3. An Egg, Cheese and Mushawa Rigag (Mushawa is a fishy tasting sauce)
4. Zaatar Milk, YES. Zaatar boiled in sweet milk.
5. F3 coffee. 25 AED cold coffee. Some thing their Emarati clients snap chat all the time apparently!
6. The ultimate falafel + Oman chips + cheese + hot sauce + Rigag.
7. UAE’ national obsession – Nutella anything. Yes, a nutella rigag.
Don’t judge ok?…. We are hungry at 2 pm.
It was YUM. YUM. YUM, YUM,YUM. Not in a wholesome meal way, but in a junk, carbs, grease way.
So – here are the essentials:
How much was our bill? 110AED for 3 hungry people
Where? Hum Yum on Kite beach
Essentials : Great for late weekend evening by the beach eats. The day gets really hot, so go post 6 pm.